Foreword (S.W.M. Threipland)
Justification for Plan (J. Fleming)
Dunbeath Water - Background
Physical description of the river and catchment
Ownership and management structure
Social and economic value
Ecology of the river and catchment
The Dunbeath salmon and fishery
Dunbeath Water Risk Assessment
Implementation of the River Plan
1. Maintaining and improving the conservation status of the river and its habitat.
2. Improving ecological understanding of the river, and the biology of its salmon.
3. Achieving a sustainable yield of salmon from the river
4. Maintaining a small restocking program using native Dunbeath broodstock, and testing its effectiveness for achieving a sustainable salmon harvest.
5. Using aspects of the management plan for environmental education and awareness.
Monitoring and Review
Appendices (click on each Appendix to view)
Appendix 1. SEPA hydrological survey data (excel)
Appendix 2. Electrofishing data sheet - 23rd August 2013
Appendix 3. Electrofishing data sheet - 29th August 2013
Appendix 4. Electrofishing snap survey data sheet
Appendix 5. Electrofishing SFCC analysis report
BACK TO TOP
DUNBEATH WATER MANAGEMENT PLAN